It’s not one of the first dishes I have learnt to make yet it’s the dish I make best (in my opinion). It took me while to understand it’s just the magic of mixing in the right kinds of sauces in their right amounts.
I was in my 2nd year of University and had friends coming home to complete last-minute assignments. Take outs wasn’t an option we wanted something healthy and filling enough to finish those never-ending assignments. Aannd *drum rolls* ‘The Ultimate Spaghetti’ was created.
Since then it’s been my favorite as it’s easy to make and tastes yumm..
1 packet whole-wheat spaghetti
1 Green Capsicum Sliced
1 Carrot Sliced
2 Celery Sticks
4 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Ketchup
2 tsp Thai Sauce
1 tsp Hot Sauce
½ cup Cooking Cream
Salt as required
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
2-3 Chicken Burgers (fried or grilled)
- Heat a deep bottomed sauce pan. Add oil and saute the chopped garlic in.
- Add the chopped vegetables into the garlic and oil. (Can add more kinds of vegetables if you wish. The vegetables can be chopped anyway you like, I prefer them being chopped in Julienne)
- Once the vegetables soften, add in the sauces and cooking cream.
- Cut the chicken burgers into cubes and add them into the spaghetti sauce
- Finally drop the boiled *spaghetti into the sauce and mix on warm heat
NOTE: The sauces already have amounts of salt in them plus I usually add salt while boiling the spaghetti so please be mindful on adding salt.
*COOKING THE SPAGHETTI:
- Take 1 packet of wholewheat spaghetti and break into half.
- Put it in a saucepan with boiling water (the spaghetti must be completely dipped in water) and add 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- Let it boil on high flame for about 20-25 minutes until the spaghetti is cooked
(I check by chewing a small piece, if it sticks to your teeth then it’s not cooked yet. Be careful not to over boil it).
- Once done drain the water and bathe the spaghetti under cold water. Then add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to it so that they don’t stick to each other.
Tadaa… the Ultimate Spaghetti is ready. I love this dish it’s so easy to make and tastes so good plus it stays for the next 2-3 days if kept in the fridge. Hence, it’s a holiday season – must try! 🙂