ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL – MOVIE EDITION #1
Hallo There! So it’s our One Year Blog Anniversary *fireworks emoticon* and we thought we would post a new type of a write-up. Something that most interests us. By us I mean our fellow Twenty-Something readers. And obviously it has to be Movies, all kinds of it. Our recommendations and reviews of recent and much loved movies list before you as a check-list to strike off and watch the space for more to come.
Our Preferred Friday Night Movies:
- Minions: If you need a time off from the real world and want to imagine little yellow talking bouncy creatures working for a badass Female villain. The Minions it is. You’ll end up falling asleep and dreaming about cute fuzzy things.
- About Alex: A light, friendship based movie with smart humor content. The movie’s script is based on how expectations take a toll on one’s relationships. Max Greenfield is fun and amazingly different from his New Girl Series character.
- Age of Adeline: Too imaginary yet still makes you want to finish the movie and know how it ends. And of course Blake Lively is as flawless as ever…
- Coco before Chanel: Not a new release, but I kinda like biographies and this one shows the early life of Chanel, which is pretty interesting.
- Morning Glory: I like how realistic this movie is in terms of depicting a life of a Media Professional and what they have to deal with at work and in their personal lives.
- Before we go: Only watched it because of Chris Evans. It’s the example of real life romance and not the usual movie script.
- Hot Pursuit: Almost a Chick Flick with some Gun Firing.
- Peace, Love and Misunderstanding – This movie would make you feel light-hearted with strong hippie feel and a confused yet simple understanding about family bonds.
- Descendants – Not much of a happy-go lucky movie – but if you want a movie to give you that feel of going to the beach without even heading out your front door – yep this is it.
- The Holiday – Ahh this is one of THE perfect chick-flick weekend movies. It has it all – the feel-good one with the funny moments and perfect for every girl. We Lovvee!
- 500 Days of summer – One of those beautiful movies that makes you wonder even after the credit gets rolling. A movie on love/friendship, being afraid to commitment and so the wise breakup.
- Fault in our stars – Yes, indeed it a movie of emotions in abundance. It may the teenage love that may make you feel squeezy – but nothing can beat the love with flaws – emotional and physical.
- Mona Lisa Smile – The queen movie to motivate a ‘family girl’ who wants a ‘career girl’ life. This movie speaks for itself and every girl – small town or city girl SHOULD watch it.
- Every secret thing: Reason this movie falls under the after-noon is because you don’t want to dream about kidnapping and killings. Yet it’s an interesting watch with some resemblance to the Hugh Jackman movie, The Prisoners.
- Gone Girl: Loved it but an after-noon watch for the same reasons as above.
- Jurassic World: Unrealistic yet liked the suspense and tension it created.
- Interstellar – A ‘’universal’’ experience when you watch this one. Yes, it may seem lengthy at times – but if you would really like to be wow-ed by pure science and the existence of the world (as we know it) – its definite must watch.
- Killers: Love the cast! Can watch it again and again and again.
- Lucy: I have a thing for women-oriented movies!
Movies we watched but weren’t so happy with:
- Aloha: Stunning cast yet the movie was almost a love story that took place at a war front. And yes Love wins!
- She’s funny that way: A disappointing end. It seems as if the script writer was confused with Owen Wilson’s hookups in the movie and just picked most senseless ending to the story.
- Accidental Love: Accidental Watch
- Cinderella: Bad casting and too English, dint go with the Disney feel (that’s what I would have preferred).
- Mortdecai: Johnny Depp was brilliant. And that’s all.
A Must-Watch Movie List, No Reasons Needed:
- Little Women
- Big Eyes
- Woman in Gold
- August Rush
- A little Chaos
- A Beautiful Mind
- Lemony Snickets’s Unfortunate Events
- Sherlock Holmes
- Life of PI
- Song of the Sea
- How to train your dragon