Hello you people reading.. Brace yourselves for this rant that you are about to waste the coming few minutes on!!
Every being on earth has a tough life obviously cause that’s the bloody essence to survive, okay I get it BUT why do other things like: Time, Age, MONEY, Geography, Emotional Parents, and other freaking people who you don’t even know have to add to this already so tough life of yours that you are struggling to live?! Why? Just whhyy…
I come from a moderately conservative family, and I am very much okay with that. I was always allowed to do what I wish but with T&C’s lol, which is fair okay I get the worries. But when I am being such a nice person understanding all that, Why am I taken for granted? for being so understanding? It should be the other way around, I should be more trusted and allowed to make decisions that obviously are reliable and practical. However, that sadly isn’t the case. So do you get the level of frustration a person who is sensible with average IQ and BIG FAT DREAMS/AIMS/GOALS, has to undergo for no real reason? Like seriously!
You finish school, finish university and even grad school for what bruv? to freaking get a career not the ones of the millionaires but reach at a fair level you have worked so hard for. All these years you wait to reach this stage when you slog to find a job and settle down career wise. But NO, it’s time to get married, be a wife and start a family…Yuhhuu What fun! (no offence maybe it’s fun and is a dream for some, but not mine at the moment). Oh when you say no to that, You apparently have never ever followed your family or society or the freaking way of life. Like whaaat??!! Apparently anything you wish to do, you can do it after Marriage with your Husband! Yay that seems so possible…
And the best part, you don’t even get a job why? cause the market is down. Sure bruv you can be down and low as it can get but why now? and why you taking forever? Doesn’t the economy have 1 freakin job (or 2, for ma friend too). Anybody at this situation would move out and look elsewhere or maybe enjoy the vacay! But Na’a moving out is a huge step for you and the only next step is to be wife (woot woot). Okay so you try to destress by meeting your friends, shopping or any other thing you would do which will obviously cost you and make you spend them bucks on, but Hello hold on dahling! Your bank account is on freaking maternity leave!
Now you are drowning with emotions, but positive tumblr life quotes got you! Your optimist bar just rises and some nobody; your neighbor, or a relative who had been MIA all their life comes into the scene all so alarmed trying to save your life gives these oh so wise advices to you and family about how my age isn’t proportionate to what I’m doing with my life. ‘You need to settle down soon, your parents need a break’, ‘Just do some job for now anyway you gonna be home multitasking household chores’, ‘You won’t find good guys if you delay so much’, ‘Don’t know why her parents even listen to her, kids delay but they must know’ – People! I understand how worried you are about me, I really appreciated your non-existence in my life before so let’s maintain that in future too!
So you are in your bed going through insta and checking out vlogs on Youtube, and you hear mumbling from the other room. Who them? My family, Saying what? How they are so worried about me (which basically is my marriage). Like if you all haven’t got it yet – Marriage is what I was born for peeps! *emoji with the shades on*. Okay so I understand that has been yours and every other person’s dream to get me married HURRAY! But hold on a tad bit, it won’t harm you for sure I know!
It’s so simple, yet so hard for anybody to understand that – Marriage, Job, Family and Death (lol) doesn’t need a specific time, location, age, financial status, or societal pressure to be scheduled in one’s life! If I’m happy and I feel I’m settled then I’m obviously open to how others want to take the wheel of my life. Right now I’m not, how hard is it to see that Ya’ll? Stop this pressure, give it time. Let us figure out life first, just stop this unhappy cribbing for a while! It’s so uncalled for.. On one side (online) you see these posts about Feminism and Career Success and on the other side (the reality) you are literally fighting amongst so many emotions and killing yourself inside. The worst part, it’s not because of you that you are in this stress.. It’s the people, the pressures they bring into your life. When will this stop?! I can go on and on ranting, but I know the next minute I post this I’m going back to the physics of life – trying to position my age and life stage at equilibrium. Byyee..
Image Source: disney.wikia.com
Whatever you do, you “need to be a little bit more”. I have been having this thought of how we are either being pushed or being told to ‘be a little bit more’. This is in regard to ‘a better you’ context.
Alright, in one way the idea is all about personal development and is for the betterment of your being, but what if that is just a social pressure that is silently damaging what we are as a person and our character. I’ve got no scientific research or philosophical proof of how exactly we are manipulated by our environment, but it’s obvious that we definitely are being pushed and pulled towards the perceptions of either individuals or the media.
Why do I have to listen to them?
It’s not even the general idea of being a better person – it’s the intricate details that these individuals and media go through. From the tiniest ways to live your life to get on a quest for major life-changing decisions – why do you want me to listen to you? Why am I told to always be more than now?
Recent song release that got me thinking :
“No better you than the you that you are”
What you do is never enough.
Alright, so you come to a conclusion to change, just be a little more ‘open ears’ and listen to them. You understand their point and ‘try’ to change and you succeed too, but guess what, that’s not enough. You should do more. You should try harder. Apparently, the effort you made now is just tiny compared to what you should be doing – based on what the WORLD is doing. Why is that a concern – why are you telling me it should be MY concern? Can’t MY efforts be enough to satisfy MY goals? – nope, we just have to try harder.
The flip side
Remain calm, if it meant to be it will happen. Like, what now? After all the messages about trying harder and takings efforts to be better, now you tell me to just remain calm? Please media, make up your mind.
On a serious note, I don’t think I can find an apt solutions to the weariness of this unbalance of having to ‘strive better’ and having to ‘be happy with at where you are’ – it does, of course, differ based on your personal situation but the concern is – we are clung on to social media so much that before we start to understand if the message is personally relevant to us or not, we are already ready with conclusions.
Until next time,
Well, it had been a while since I had been to Paris – to be specific it was in October 2015, but the memories of the place and the people are so fresh it’s hard to believe it has been four months already.
Time goes fast to realize and appreciate where we are – so here I am finally posting few pictures from the Paris trip.
Visit 1: the local market!
Yes, of course, Paris is known for its amazing views of historical sites, but my first visit? the local market! I was too scared to take my phone out to snap pictures of the market so just some pictures on the way.
The brick roads
Visit 2: Sacré-Cœur (White Church)
My first day using the public transport – and it wasn’t just one mode of transport. In one day I got on the tram, the subway and even the bus (can I also say I reached 13,000 steps that day!).
Above are some pictures from the bus. I love vintage buildings, sights of historical monuments (just to imagine the stories behind these monuments) and plain sights of a simple lifestyle – all seen in the collage above.
And finally the sight of the Sacré-Cœur! We didn’t expect the amount of crowd that day, but apparently, it was because of a mini street concert happening. French songs being played, and people of all nationalities dancing on the streets quite a carnival effect there. Slowly we made our way through the crowd and up till the entrance. Once we reached we could see the view of the entire city – spectacular it was! (Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of the view here – surely will upload it when I find it). We had our share of one billion pictures taken (I’m kidding, we needed to save memory space) and so we headed over to some snacking (of course) for some fresh Churros.
Once we got done with the pictures and the snacking, we were ready to leave the place for the visit no 3, but to an even greater surprise, the mini-concert suddenly played Bollywood /Kollywood songs! After that mini-episode of excitement, we were off to our visit no. 3.
Visit no 3: the very iconic Eiffel Tower.
Getting to the Eiffel tower was an adventure. We basically took a longer route and had to wait for the bus and walk longer, just so we could get in time for the ‘lighting of the tower’- 8 pm to be exact. We spotted the lighting of the tower from far and it was one fine sight. After which we walked closer the the ‘iron lady’. The place was too crowded and we had to wait in a long queue for the ticket to go up – so we skipped that and headed straight home.
The tower shimmers (seen on the right)
And so after a long metro ride, we caught the last tram and got back home just in time for dinner.
Hope you liked the post! Do comment and share your opinion on the post.
ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL – MOVIE EDITION #1
Hallo There! So it’s our One Year Blog Anniversary *fireworks emoticon* and we thought we would post a new type of a write-up. Something that most interests us. By us I mean our fellow Twenty-Something readers. And obviously it has to be Movies, all kinds of it. Our recommendations and reviews of recent and much loved movies list before you as a check-list to strike off and watch the space for more to come.
Our Preferred Friday Night Movies:
- Minions: If you need a time off from the real world and want to imagine little yellow talking bouncy creatures working for a badass Female villain. The Minions it is. You’ll end up falling asleep and dreaming about cute fuzzy things.
- About Alex: A light, friendship based movie with smart humor content. The movie’s script is based on how expectations take a toll on one’s relationships. Max Greenfield is fun and amazingly different from his New Girl Series character.
- Age of Adeline: Too imaginary yet still makes you want to finish the movie and know how it ends. And of course Blake Lively is as flawless as ever…
- Coco before Chanel: Not a new release, but I kinda like biographies and this one shows the early life of Chanel, which is pretty interesting.
- Morning Glory: I like how realistic this movie is in terms of depicting a life of a Media Professional and what they have to deal with at work and in their personal lives.
- Before we go: Only watched it because of Chris Evans. It’s the example of real life romance and not the usual movie script.
- Hot Pursuit: Almost a Chick Flick with some Gun Firing.
- Peace, Love and Misunderstanding – This movie would make you feel light-hearted with strong hippie feel and a confused yet simple understanding about family bonds.
- Descendants – Not much of a happy-go lucky movie – but if you want a movie to give you that feel of going to the beach without even heading out your front door – yep this is it.
- The Holiday – Ahh this is one of THE perfect chick-flick weekend movies. It has it all – the feel-good one with the funny moments and perfect for every girl. We Lovvee!
- 500 Days of summer – One of those beautiful movies that makes you wonder even after the credit gets rolling. A movie on love/friendship, being afraid to commitment and so the wise breakup.
- Fault in our stars – Yes, indeed it a movie of emotions in abundance. It may the teenage love that may make you feel squeezy – but nothing can beat the love with flaws – emotional and physical.
- Mona Lisa Smile – The queen movie to motivate a ‘family girl’ who wants a ‘career girl’ life. This movie speaks for itself and every girl – small town or city girl SHOULD watch it.
- Every secret thing: Reason this movie falls under the after-noon is because you don’t want to dream about kidnapping and killings. Yet it’s an interesting watch with some resemblance to the Hugh Jackman movie, The Prisoners.
- Gone Girl: Loved it but an after-noon watch for the same reasons as above.
- Jurassic World: Unrealistic yet liked the suspense and tension it created.
- Interstellar – A ‘’universal’’ experience when you watch this one. Yes, it may seem lengthy at times – but if you would really like to be wow-ed by pure science and the existence of the world (as we know it) – its definite must watch.
- Killers: Love the cast! Can watch it again and again and again.
- Lucy: I have a thing for women-oriented movies!
Movies we watched but weren’t so happy with:
- Aloha: Stunning cast yet the movie was almost a love story that took place at a war front. And yes Love wins!
- She’s funny that way: A disappointing end. It seems as if the script writer was confused with Owen Wilson’s hookups in the movie and just picked most senseless ending to the story.
- Accidental Love: Accidental Watch
- Cinderella: Bad casting and too English, dint go with the Disney feel (that’s what I would have preferred).
- Mortdecai: Johnny Depp was brilliant. And that’s all.
A Must-Watch Movie List, No Reasons Needed:
- Little Women
- Big Eyes
- Woman in Gold
- August Rush
- A little Chaos
- A Beautiful Mind
- Lemony Snickets’s Unfortunate Events
- Sherlock Holmes
- Life of PI
- Song of the Sea
- How to train your dragon